Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I am back! Johann is for Huckabee

Here is a post for the faithful who still check this site sent via Johann. As you know, I am a Romney man. However, I would be happy to vote for Giuliani, and I have softened considerably on Mr. McCain lately. Someone who has been on the rise as of late is Mike Huckabee. In this post, Johann expresses why he is a Huckabee man. I would be very happy with Huckabee, but I will confess the reason I have not been enthusiastic is because I didn't think he had a chance. Admittedly, this is a self-fulfilling prophesy. I do still have some concerns about his foreign policy skill, but we could do much worse than Mike Huckabee. Here is Johann's post:

I know many of you are on the bandwagon of the same candidate that the host of this blog is on, and I am convinced you are on that bandwagon because of well thought out policy examination. As far as who has the very best policy, goes I will be forced to acquiesce and say probably the man from Massachusetts (or Detroit?... or is it Utah?) But as a member of the much maligned "Value Voters" Block, I just don't think he is the best representative of my views (and no it's not because he is Mormon). Not a single candidate for the Republican nomination, save one, really has the credentials of a conservative, especially when your definition of conservative is formed by the base of the Republican Party, the so called "value voters". Governor Romney is a man I could vote for, most assuredly, and if he is given the Republican nomination, he has my vote. But in my opinion, (granted I am not an expert political strategist), Gov. Romney will be unable to draw out the main Republican base out to the polls. That is especially important when your opponent will be someone who will drive you base out to the polls to vote against (provided they have someone they feel they can vote for). I do not think Giuliani fulfills this either, nor does McCain, Thompson, Tancredo, Hunter, or Paul. The one man that in my opinion can and will do this is former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee. Yes, that's right, Johann Hearts Huckabee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a very interesting video about Mormons.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4464207013217006489