Monday, May 14, 2007

Decision 2008


Here is a slew of news regarding the chase for the GOP nomination.


First, it sounds like Newt Gingrich is likely to get into the race. I had thought that perhaps he would stay out of the race, as it looks that Fred Thompson was going to fill the conservative void. Gingrich would make a fine president I think. He is brilliant and solutions oriented. He likely has too much baggage to win though. Read the story here.


Here is an article giving an inside look at Giuliani's leadership in NY after the 9/11 attacks. This piece is fairly critical. Also, here is another article, saying that New Yorkers prefer current Mayor, Michael Bloomberg, over Giuliani, as both a mayor and a presidential choice. Bloomberg, a Republican mayor, is reportedly considering joining the race as an independent. Since he is a multi-billionaire, he could self-finance the race if he had to.


Some prominent conservative Christian leaders are lining up behind Fred Thompson. I find this to be a bit of a curious move, since Thompson was considered a moderate Republican while he was in the Senate. In addition, like several of the other candidates, Thompson has had some personal baggage in his past and has said some things that would concern pro-lifers. Read about it here.


Have a great day! Some more from "Uncle John" coming soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, if Bloomberg throws his hat in the ring as a independent- I don't see the GOP with any chance.

Anonymous said...

I had once hoped that Fred Thompson would run, but I really have been won over by Mitt Romney lately. I am hoping that he will defeat McCain. I really don't see Thompson standing any chance against Barrack Hussein Obama.

Anonymous said...

I never liked Thompson on Law and Order. No real reason, just didn't like him. I am going to write in NT on the ballot. There is no better choice out there.